Friday, June 21, 2013

Top 5 Summer Beauty Must-Haves!

Hey girls! I know I've been gone for awhile, but with summer here I plan on having a blog schedule, so you can all know when to check back. With summer here, there are soo many new beauty products and it can be hard to know what to try out, and what works for you. I am going to give you guys five affordable, amazing, and positively reviewed products that are essential for summer! So, let's begin!

1. BB Cream with high SPF
You have probably heard of BB creams, but if not then allow me to inform. BB Creams are similar to a tinted moisturizer, but tend to claim to have the effects of multiple products. Often called miracle workers or beautifiers. BB means beauty balm, blemish base, and blemish balm. They are usually sheer with a natural finish and most contain SPF. My all time favorite is Maybelline's Dream Fresh BB Cream which is really sheer, but contains SPF 30. It is a wonder worker for redness and gives me just enough coverage. This is also a great makeup step-stool for people just starting to wear makeup. Most brands have a BB cream, from Tarte to L'Oreal. If you have pretty good skin and oiliness is not an issue then go for Maybelline's. But if you tend to get oily and need better coverage, then shoot for L'Oreals. 

2. Deep Conditioner

In the summertime, pool and salt water can really dull and parch your hair. To give back the stolen moisture, opt for a deep conditioner or hair masque. My favorite is Aussie's 3-Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner. I love this stuff to death! I use it about once a week and whether I blow dry or let my hair dry naturally, it leaves my hair soft, shiny, and anything but quenched. It hasn't made my hair greasy or oily, so I would definitely recommend giving this product a try. Plus it's only three dollars! 

3. Lip Balm with SPF
When it comes to SPF, most people think body or face. But notice how whenever you go to the beach, your lips are super dried out and crusty? Lips need protection too, so next time your in need of a chapstick/lip balm, try to find one with at least SPF 10. My favorite is Maybelline's Babylips in Peppermint. It has the highest SPF level (SPF 20) of all the chapsticks I own. 

4. Eyebrow Gel


I know this probably wasn't what you expected to find on a Summer Beauty Must-Haves post, but trust me when I say this little thing is your best friend. Most of us don't like to do too much eye makeup in the summertime, so we skip the eyeliner and eyeshadow. When you don't do much with your eyes, focus on your brows. This gel is super easy to use, acting as a spooly and gel in one and also darkening your brows just a bit because of the gel. You could invest in Anastasia's brow gel, or you could spend a dollar on my all time favorite from E.L.F. 

5. Fruity Body Spray
If your at the beach or have been out all day, you probably don't smell the nicest. So a wonderful way to enhance your aroma AND transport you to a tropical island is a fruity body spray! My favorite is this one from Bath and Body Works. Right now they are having a half off sale on some tropical scents so go get you some! Awkward reference to eleventh gorgeous that no one will get.... Anyways you can get these anywhere and they are perfect for sprucing up your day and attitude! 


I hope this post was helpful. And like always leave any requests in the comments below! Let me know if you would like to see a part 2, maybe on some different topics like fashion. 


Until next time,

~Pearl



No comments:

Post a Comment