Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DIY Jewelry Display Part 1!


     Hey girls! So it's been awhile since I've posted, and I would like to apologize for that. I've been busy with school and brothers, which as you can tell, are a VERY busy mixture! 
     
     I've been wanting to start a series for awhile now, but didn't know what to do it on! Well wait no more, for I have found the PERFECT series!! I was in my room the other day and I had been wanting to buy a spinning earring holder, but I thought it was kind of expensive (If you have 30+ earrings, then I would suggest purchasing this). So, I figured out this inexpensive yet trendy DIY project! Let's get started!


What You'll Need~

1 plate of any kind. I chose glass for mine, but if that doesn't go with your room, then maybe try a pastel or neutral color.
Some Jewelry

Optional: I chose to wrap a strand of pearls around the bottom of my jewelry display, so if you have a long necklace that you can loop around that'd be great. It depends on your preference.


Directions~

Step 1- Go ahead and get your plate. I got mine from a glass sculpture that was coming apart so instead we reused the plates that were on there. If you have a flat bowl instead of a plate, then that would work fine. Just make sure that your jewelry won't slip, since it is a display.

Step 2- Now gather all of your favorite and prettiest smaller jewelry together. I chose some of my earrings, rings, fancy hair clips, and a pretty bracelet for mine. Go ahead and arrange them the way that you want. I liked scattering all of mine out evenly, since I was trying to cover the plate's base, but you can do whatever you like. 

Step 3- If you want to wrap your strand of jewelry around the bottom, go ahead and do that. I just double looped a pearl necklace for mine, since I was going for a more petite, shinier look.


Extra~
If you have just a couple of rings or earrings, then try getting a smaller plate (the bowls used to little dips for a party are great for this also). 



I hope you like your new jewelry display! I encourage you all to try this, because if you already have the plate or flat bowl, than this is a free DIY! I will be doing two more Jewelry Display DIY's soon, so keep watching!


Until next time,

~Pearl


P.S.
Since I still haven't been able to upload pictures, I had to get one off the internet. You can glue a little stand to yours if you would like, but I didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment