Sunday, June 17, 2012

Toms and Bobs

Toms and Bobs

I just want to say, before I begin, that I am not against Toms or Bobs at all. If you think they are cute, then that's great! This post is mainly for people that don't really feel like forking out $35-$60.00 on a pair of flats. For me, I would only use those shoes to walk around in like twice a week or more. They wouldn't really be my everyday shoes, that I could wear all the time, because they wouldn't really match my clothes. If you want an everyday shoe in this style, and you want different colors, for a cheaper price, then I am going to give you a big tip that you'll thank me for. Before I say that though, Toms is known for the very wide variety of styles. It has glitter, solids, patterns, even crochet. So, if you want them more like that, then you might want to go somewhere like Payless or Target and look for those patterns there. If you want more solid colors though, like reds, grays, blacks, white, and navy blues that you can switch around for different outfits, then here is the secret.


GO TO YOUR LOCAL DOLLAR GENERAL

I went into mine yesterday looking for some cough drops, and I saw navy blue, black white, and RED bob/tom look alikes! And the best part is: they were only $6.00. I got a red pair, because I don't have any red shoes, and so I thought they would be great. I don't expect them to last more than a  1 1/2 years (they will last longer for me because I won't wear them all the time) but what a great deal! Now, I know that its better to have something of quality than to have a bunch of things that aren't that great, but I figured that I could get FIVE different colors of the shoe style for only $30.00. Since I would switch them out, they would actually last. That's five different colored pairs of shoes for under the price of Bobs. 

If you want something to last you everyday, then maybe you should fork out more to get Toms or Bobs. They aren't amazing quality or value, but they would last a little longer. Try getting a solid color, unless zebra will match every outfit you own. Also, they go towards a good cause, helping kids in need. So, I guess that because your buying two pairs of shoes, your paying like 26 dollars for shoes. The quality kind of makes sense then, doesn't it?

I hope I helped you! Basically, if you want just some slip-on shoes you can change out, go for the Dollar Store. If you want something that will be your "everyday" shoe, then shoot for Toms. I hope I helped!!

Ta-ta

~Pearl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment