Monday, July 2, 2012

Camp Experience



Hey girls! Today, I wanted to talk about some funny things that happened while at camp. Seriously, if you have ever been, it feels like I was there for a month instead of five days! I practically ran to my friends in church, because, I was used to seeing them everyday and living with a bunch. First of all, the bus ride was awesome. Except for the fact that there were some girls that wouldn't stop singing at 4:50 in the morning. Truth be told, we were not very happy with them. Then, I picked out Kung Fu Panda 2 at Redbox for us to watch in the bus (it had TV's, wifi, etc.). Everyone loved it! Then, as we got to the camp, we had to go in for a lice check. They did this awesome video with a bunch of kids swinging their hair to the song I whip my hair back and forth (or however it goes). Then, this bald guy did it. It was hilarious! Then we began the tiring day. Pretty much everyday we had this schedule: wake up, breakfast, morning chapel, team meeting, team activities, lunch, free time, afternoon chapel, free time (rec hall, walks, etc.), then lights out at 12:30 p.m. Every night I stayed out as late as I could, because it was awesome. The rec hall had really good nachos too, by the way. On the last full camp day, they had a pizza bash thing. Then, we all learned that you could bring a date. Well, everyone blew that way out of proportion. It was 20 minutes long. All they did was give you pizza, a coke, and announced the winners. Some kids that came last year said that their pizza bash was way more fun. Finally, we all just walked back up the hill to the lodges. The following stories are all from the pizza bash. I don't wear make-up hardly EVER, and so, my friend wanted to try some eye make-up on me. So, I let her. Thinking, no big deal! Well, she put on mascara, and eye liner, and eye shadow, and gosh, my new word for eye make-up is now gloop. That gloop was not fun. Whenever I went to rub my eye, it felt weird, so I kept rubbing, and my finger came back black. So, I do not think I will be wearing gloop again. If you like it though, that's fine! Another funny thing was that this guy who liked my older friends kept on following them, and so we finally all linked arms to walk down the hill (it was totally platonic, and the girls linked with girls) and we were swaying and just about became a road block. Then, we heard one guy say "Whoa! That dude's got like, four dates!". We all busted out laughing! I basically just danced with my friend, who taught me this awesome swing dance move that I want to show everybody, because its so much fun! I went crazy at that camp :) Oh, and some advice, you find out who are your friends at camp. Because when you are with somebody five days all the time, true colors show my friends. True colors show. But it was awesome!

That's all I can think of right now, but I imagine I will have WAY more to tell later :)

Ta-ta!

~Pearl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment